We are looking for a learning specialist to work with our teachers to provide accommodations for a broad spectrum of learners.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Observe students identified by teachers or parents as needing additional support.
- Provide informal pre- and post-assessments of students as requested by teachers or parents.
- Provide general assessment of kindergarten students and screen for phonemic awareness.
- Provide written reports to school and parents with assessment results and recommendations for appropriate diagnostic testing and remedial programs for school-related learning problems.
- Develop instructional learning plans with long-term goals and specific objectives for identified students, including recommendations for in school support or outside resources (SST).
- Modify and design curriculum for identified students.
- Attend IEP meetings.
- Work with small groups and individual students to provide remediation and review.
- Co-teach math centers and/or book groups.
- Work with 1st-3rd grade students on phonemic awareness, phonic practice, and spelling.
- Work with identified middle school students on organization, executive functioning, and time management.
- Send resume and cover letter to
- Subject line should read Learning Specialist
- Application deadline: May 17
Synergy School is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values workplace diversity. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, political affiliation, age, religion, creed, national origin, disability, ancestry, ethnicity, martial status, parental status, domestic partner status, veteran status, medical condition (cancer-related), or the conditions Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS), Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) and AIDS-related conditions or other non-merit factors or any category provided by ordinance.