Full-Time Beginning August 2020
This person will work as part of the middle school teaching team. Other teaching and supervisory responsibilities include leading an advisory, writing high school recommendation letters for eighth-grade students and student narratives for grade reports, and performing supervisory duties as scheduled by the educational cooperative. The new team member must be a skilled organizer and collaborator who can not only develop the Language Arts program but will also take an active role in the educational cooperative.
- Plan, develop, and execute lessons that reference state standards and follow a logical scope and sequence
- Differentiate Language Arts curriculum and instruction to meet the needs of individual students or subgroups of students
- Evaluate the academic and social growth of students
- Assess student progress and the ability to meet course standards in Language Arts knowledge and skills
- Communicate regularly and effectively with students, families, and colleagues
- Demonstrate effective, positive classroom management
- Employ a variety of methodologies in teaching and instructing pupils, including but not limited to project-based learning, hands-on activities, demonstrations, and discussions
- Facilitate a weekly advisory class and daily advisory check-ins
- Organize and attend overnight trips up to one week in duration — including collaborating with teammates to develop and implement a comprehensive curriculum for each trip
- Serve on and attend regular meetings of the Board of Trustees
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree, in subject matter preferred
- Experience teaching Language Arts
- Teaching credential
- Outdoor education experience
- Ability to integrate technology
Salary ranges from $56,500 to $76,200, depending upon experience.
Synergy School is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values workplace diversity. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, political affiliation, age, religion, creed, national origin, disability, ancestry, ethnicity, marital status, parental status, domestic partner status, veteran status, medical condition (cancer-related), or the conditions Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS), Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) and AIDS-related conditions or other non-merit factors or any category provided by ordinance.
The Synergy Schoolstands as our guide for interactions with students. Employees are expected to follow the agreements with regards to respect and safe space, which includes tone of voice, language, and physical interactions that are deemed aggressive or sexual. If an interaction between a staff member and student is inappropriate, another member of the cooperative will be brought in to facilitate a conversation to process the incident.