Full-Time, Non-Exempt, Beginning Immediately
The Business Manager is responsible for a high level of confidential financial duties and is an integral member of the administrative team. The position requires knowledge and skills in accounts receivable, accounts payable, human resources, effective communication, and excellent customer service.
- Process accounts receivables and incoming payments, including resolving questions/concerns about charges and payments.
- Track delinquent accounts and alert the Director of Finance who is responsible for collections.
- Perform accounts payable including preparing bills for payments, posting expenses to correct cost centers, processing reimbursements, completing credit account applications, updating vendors’ lists of authorized chargers, maintaining the petty cash box, and reconciling the petty cash ledger with physical cash on hand.
- Provide financial data and budget status reports to the Director of Finance and Operations.
- Record monthly and quarterly income from school’s investment accounts and schedule annual endowment fund draws pursuant to decisions by the Board of Trustees.
- Monitor cash flow and make needed transfers.
- Prepare checks and cash receipts for bank deposit.
- Input and distribute monthly and semi-monthly payrolls, make timely tax payments, and file payroll reports.
- Work with auditors in the preparation and reconciliation of audited financials.
- Assist the Personnel Committee with onboarding new employees for payroll and benefits.
- Administer the school’s Flexible Benefit program.
- Assist the Admissions team with preparing enrollment and re-enrollment agreements as needed.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- At least 2 – 5 years of experience in accounts payable, accounts receivable, and bookkeeping
- Understanding of data privacy requirements
- Proficiency in QuickBooks and Excel
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
The following skills are highly preferred:
- Experience working in a school/non-profit environment
Synergy is an educational cooperative. The combining and sharing of staff energies, skills, and resources enhance the cooperative nature of the school.
Salary ranges from approximately $61,542 to $82,958 based upon experience.
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Synergy School is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values workplace diversity. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, political affiliation, age, religion, creed, national origin, disability, ancestry, ethnicity, marital status, parental status, domestic partner status, veteran status, medical condition (cancer-related), or the conditions Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS), Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) and AIDS-related conditions or other non-merit factors or any category provided by ordinance.
The Synergy Schoolstands as our guide for interactions with students. Employees are expected to follow the agreements with regards to respect and safe space, which includes tone of voice, language, and physical interactions that are deemed aggressive or sexual. If an interaction between a staff member and student is inappropriate, another member of the cooperative will be brought in to facilitate a conversation to process the incident.