Full-Time Permanent Beginning August 2021
This person teaches all students in the school, providing a Spanish enrichment program for K-3, a more formal language curriculum for the 4th and 5th grades, and a Spanish 1 course to middle school students. The Spanish teacher must be a skilled organizer and collaborator who is interested in continuing to develop our Spanish program.
- Plan, develop, and execute lessons that reflect the curriculum and educational standards
- Differentiate curriculum to meet the needs of individual students or subgroups of students
- Evaluate the academic and social growth of students
- Assess student progress and the ability to meet course standards in Spanish language knowledge and skills
- Demonstrate effective, positive classroom management
- Employ a variety of methodologies in teaching and instructing pupils, including hands-on, experiential learning, cooperative projects, thematic units, demonstrations, discussions, and lectures
- Help organize and supervise the annual 8th grade service learning trip to Costa Rica
- Contribute as an active member of the educational cooperative
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree, in subject matter preferred
- Fluency in Spanish
- Experience teaching Spanish
The following skills are highly preferred:
- Teaching credential
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to integrate technology
- Experience in progressive education
Synergy is an educational cooperative. All full-time teachers sit on the board of trustees. The combining and sharing of staff energies, skills, and resources enhance the cooperative nature of the school.
Salary ranges from approximately $58,500 to $78,870 based upon experience.
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Synergy School is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values workplace diversity. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, political affiliation, age, religion, creed, national origin, disability, ancestry, ethnicity, marital status, parental status, domestic partner status, veteran status, medical condition (cancer-related), or the conditions Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS), Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) and AIDS-related conditions or other non-merit factors or any category provided by ordinance.
The Synergy Schoolstands as our guide for interactions with students. Employees are expected to follow the agreements with regards to respect and safe space, which includes tone of voice, language, and physical interactions that are deemed aggressive or sexual. If an interaction between a staff member and student is inappropriate, another member of the cooperative will be brought in to facilitate a conversation to process the incident.