Math - 6th Grade
Mathematics is an innate human language. All of us are capable of learning to read, write, and speak the language of math, but we all learn to do so at different rates. I support the educational ideals of the Common Core State Standards, which provides more developmentally appropriate grade level standards and emphasizes process over product and rote memorization.
- Introduction to Math 6
- Rational numbers and absolute values
- Fractions and decimals
- Equations and inequalities
- Distributions and variability
- Surface area and volume
- Putting mathematics to work
- California Common Core
- NY Common Core
- Making Math Real
- Online interactive resource: Mathspace
- Hands-on activities: e.g. collaboration and group presentations, posters, building structures and shapes.