Music - 2nd Grade
The Synergy music program is based on the teaching philosophy of Carl Orff, who developed an approach that integrates music, movement, drama, and speech. Our curriculum is cumulative, not sequential. Once a concept or skill is introduced, students continue to work with it and deepen their learning.
Continue to use skills and concepts introduced K-1.
- Minor pentatonic scales
- Complex drone accompaniments
- Pentatonic material from non-western cultures on barred instruments
- Hand over hand mallet technique
- Double stops with mallets
- 3-part instrumental arrangements
- Improvisation in fixed phrase length
The class presents at least two pieces every year at the Spring Concert at Herbst Theatre in San Francisco. Family and friends are invited to this school wide event.