Music - 3rd Grade
The Synergy music program is based on the teaching philosophy of Carl Orff, who developed an approach that integrates music, movement, drama, and speech. Our curriculum is cumulative, not sequential. Once a concept or skill is introduced, students continue to work with it and deepen their learning.
Continue to use skills and concepts introduced K-2.
- Elemental jazz, using la pentatonic scale
- Body percussion
- Soprano recorder
- Chinese luogu percussion
- Responsibility for performing at school events
- Multi-layer instrumental pieces
- Jazz rhythms
- Jazz improvisation, internalizing phrase length
- Lower octave soprano recorder notes
- Sing 3-part canon or partner song independently
The class presents at least two pieces every year at the Spring Concert at Herbst Theatre in San Francisco. Family and friends are invited to this school wide event.