Music - Transitional Kindergarten
The Synergy music program is based on the teaching philosophy of Carl Orff, who developed an approach that integrates music, movement, drama, and speech. Our curriculum is cumulative, not sequential. Once a concept or skill is introduced, students continue to work with it and deepen their learning.
- Introduce body and voice as the base of musical pyramid.
- Use music as an expressive language to guide creative movement and play
- Light use of unpitched percussion as extension of body and voice
- Establish locomotor movement vocabulary
- Vocal expression through speech and song
- Sound as language to guide movement
- Games and folk dances: musical/choreographic form and social skills
- Introduce being on stage as exciting
- Introduce being on stage as group coordination
- Find head voice
The class presents at least two pieces every year at the Spring Concert at Herbst Theatre in San Francisco. Family and friends are invited to this school wide event.